View our latest open positions below and join us in our mission of advancing neuroscience.
Sr. R&D Engineer
As an R&D engineer for NeuroOne Medical, you will be advancing the neurotech field by working to commercialize the first 510k-approved thin-film device for brain implants. You will work closely with the Director of Electrode Development and technology team to design and manufacture Class II and Class III medical devices used for interfacing with the brain and spinal cord. You will gather design inputs, create requirements documents, test methods and mechanical drawings, and interface with manufacturers and internal resources to develop prototypes and verify performance. Creativity and communication are essential, as you use best engineering practices in the design, analysis, and verification of components, assemblies, and systems. Your fundamental knowledge and experience in mechanical design, electrical engineering and bioengineering will be applied to medical device development, but you do not need to have previous experience with medical products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfacing with vendors to create prototypes, including process development to assess feasibility and then establish production.
- Lead and execute testing (e.g. mechanical, electrical, functional) to demonstrate prototype performance.
- Designing new products and product accessories.
- Writing and implementing test methods for formal design verification and validation activities, including generating and reviewing technical reports.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in bioengineering, mechanical or electrical engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Hands-on experience with devices that interface with the human body (i.e. acute or chronic implants), or devices intended for human use.
- Experience setting up and working with lab instrumentation such us oscilloscope, potentiostat, DC/AC/RF generators, DAQ, signal generator.
- Experience with design software for MEMS masks or PCB layout (e.g. L-edit, K-layout, Eagle).
- Experience with 3D/2D CAD design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Enthusiasm for building things that work and improve people’s lives.
It is the policy of NeuroOne to provide equal opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NeuroOne will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you are interested in joining us, send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org